Online Web Applications
Choose our dedicated team of Perth based developers for your online web application development.
Leverage the Web
A web application is an application that works within a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer. Many businesses leverage the power of web applications to power the internal functions of their business or to provide a service to their market.
Web applications can be versatile, functional and most importantly automate your business processes and improve efficiency.
How Web Applications Work
Once enabled users can interact with the company through things like online forms, content management systems, and shopping carts. Additionally, these applications allow the business’ employees create documents, share information, and collaborate on projects or documents regardless of their location or the device they’re using.
The web application has a few requirements including:
- A web server to manage the client’s requests
- An application server to perform the tasks
- A database for storing the information
Working with PWS was an amazing experience. The regular communication ensured that the result we got was everything we were after.
A Typical Web Application Workflow:
1. A user goes online using their browser or the application’s user interface and makes a request of the web server
2. The web server forwards this request to the web application server
3. The web server performs the requested task
4. The web server generates the results and provides you with the requested data
5. The web server sends these results to you and it appears on your screen
Types of Web Applications
There are many types of web applications including:
- Online forms
- Shopping carts
- Word processors
- Video and photo editing
- File conversion and scanning
- Email programs including Gmail, Yahoo and AOL
- Applications such as Google Apps (including email, docs, sheets, slides, and online storage) and Microsoft 365
- Sharing documents and calendars
Benefits of Web Applications
- Regardless of what OS or device you use, there are many benefits to using web applications, including:
- Everyone accesses the same version so there aren’t any compatibility issues
- Since they’re not installed on your hard drive you won’t have any space limitations
- Software piracy in subscription-based web applications (i.e. SaaS) is reduced
- Both the business and the end user pay less
Speak to us Today to See How a Web Application Can Assist Your Business